Monday, April 12, 2010

multitude monday

-
-
Photobucket
-
Photobucket
-
As a way to celebrate the whole fifty days of Easter, I decided to join the gratitude community and begin my list of one thousand gifts . . . hopefully adding to it each Monday . . . perhaps more often . . .

(the ones in bold are associated with a picture . . . )
-
0001. postcards in the mail with sweet words of wisdom
-
0002. pink polka dot hair bows
-
0003. an outdoor picnic while babysitting sweet kids
-
0004. driving past an older man getting his mail, wrinkled hands, large smile
-
0005. inner peace about my future
-
0006. sweat, hot sun, pavement, pain, and jogging with my brother
-
0007. little girls' voices exclaiming "hello!" and warmly welcoming the new girl to dance class
-
0008. a one-on-one basketball game with my dad that turned into tears and a long talk about what I should do with my life
-
0009. the colors of spring
-
0010. whole wheat sourdough bread for lunch again
-
0011. blue and white striped shirts
-
0012. the anticipation of a weekend trip with friends
-
0013. opening my windows on a warm spring day, sitting back in my armchair, plopping my feet on the windowsill, breathing the fresh breeze, and seeing that beloved view again
-
0014. sitting in the grass with a good book
-
0015. petite ballerinas holding hands
-
0016. people I respect who invite me into their homes, their families, their lives
-
0017. little people who I send out on a backyard treasure hunt to find something beautiful and all of us reveling in their discoveries . . . little ordinary beauties of creation . . . the texture of bark, the shape of a stick, the pink hues in a rock
-
0018. mercies new every morning
-
0019. my mother's laugh
-
0020. easter truths breathed new again
-
all's grace,
Jessina
-

No comments:

Post a Comment