Tuesday, June 22, 2010

whole grain crackers with parmesan reggiano + ground black pepper

-
Photobucket
-
While in France, we had dinner with Brother's French host family from when he had studied abroad in Strasbourg. One of the appertifs they served at the meal was cheese with ground black pepper sprinkled on top. I'm not a big eat-cheese-by-itself person, but the addition of the ground black pepper made it delicious.
-
And with a bit of leftover parmesan reggiano from last night's dinner, I assembled my own little cracker-cheese-ground pepper snack. I should note, perhaps, that I obviously have no authority on the subject of cheese and it is quite likely that this type of thing is done just as much in America as in France. But anyway, I thought it was good idea and I for one had never heard of it before. Try it out . . . and while I'm sure any cheese would work, the nutty flavor of the parmesan reggiano combined with the pepper was particularly scrumptious.
-
too much fromage and lots of smoke,
Jessina
-

No comments:

Post a Comment