Friday, September 10, 2010

and this is college

-
Photobucket

trip downtown to get frozen yogurt with some lovely people

Photobucket

saturday morning on campus, walking to the farmer's market

Photobucket

roommates
(and no, I didn't shrink - my lovely roommate just happens to be six feet tall)


I feel like ever since I first stepped foot on this campus, I have been breathing grace after grace after grace.

I had braced myself for college, expecting it to be challenging and uncomfortable at first. And yet it has been unexpectedly good. I don't know quite how else to express it. I have seen the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living - I have seen it here in the faces that I've gotten to know, along the tree-lined paths I walk everyday, in the community of girls on my floor, in the kindness of my professors who give me rides to church each week, in the quiet moments alone in the chapel, in the late-night conversations with my roommate, in my crowded room as girls gather to watch a movie, in the boat as I yell at four guys to keep rowing, in the friendly faces I pass each day as I walk around campus, in the strength to wake up at 4:30am, in the knowledge I feel I have already acquired from my studies, in the cafeteria, in chapel, in classes . . . at that moment each night when I put my book aside, turn my light off and let my muscles (finally) relax in the darkness, as I whisper prayers upward.

I would write more, but I have been out all morning at the river and a lot of reading and paper-writing needs to get done before this evening. But thank you for all who have been praying for me - I know your prayers have truly carried me.

power tens and fall breezes,
Jessina
-

4 comments:

  1. 4:30am? That's really early!

    I'm so glad to hear everything is going well, though :-) The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so very glad things are going well! you are missed - and in our prayers!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melody! And by the way, I have to get up at 4:30 twice a week for crew (rowing) - I am a coxswain. I wouldn't do it just for the fun of it. :) I've been thinking of and praying for you as you transition to college as well . . . hope it's getting easier!

    And thank you, Melissa! Give the kids a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy you are happy! mailing your package soon!!!

    ReplyDelete