Friday, August 21, 2009

summer reading

This afternoon was a perfectly rainy, summer day for reading. There was thunder in the distance and the pitter-patter of rain against my window. The clouds were heavy and dark and my room was silent and dim with a candle lit on top of my bookshelf. I dragged my cream wing chair to face the window and snuggled down for one of my favorite summer pasttimes. So lovely.

Photobucket
---

Photobucket


At the beginning of summer, I made myself a rather daunting book list. 30 books. The summer's end is nearing and I am still quite far from finishing all 30, but I plan to continue on with these books until I do finish them...hopefully sometime in September or October.
-

-
"There is no Frigate like a book,
To take me lands away..."
(Emily Dickinson)
-
oh, the joy of a good book, a quiet room, and a rainy day!
-
grace & peace,
Jessina

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Till We Have Faces.
    and so does Livi.
    =]]]
    We're going to have to have an AP girl Till We Have Faces party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures, missy? And news about what's going on in your life?

    If i can post, you can ;)

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete